Mark L. WellemeyerM.D. Request An Appointment
Mark L. Wellemeyer, MD is a board certified ophthalmologist who has special training in refractive surgery including laser vision correction. After completing a fellowship learning the latest techniques, Dr. Wellemeyer has spent the past 10 years honing his skills and has performed more than 2,000 surgeries dealing with correction of nearsightedness, farsightedness and astigmatism. Dr. Wellemeyer has been performing LASIK since 1996. Laser Vision Correction is performed utilizing the Alcon Autonomous Laser with Ladarwave custom surgical treatment to provide the best possible vision.
Dr. Wellemeyer completed his medical education, internship and residency at the University of Kansas School of Medicine. He is the acting Medical Director of the Mid Continent Eye Bank and serves as President of the Wichita Eye Foundation. He has authored numerous papers in the field of ophthalmology and refractive surgery. Dr. Wellemeyer has been on the leading edge of new lens implant technology and is the first surgeon in Central Kansas to implant both the Crystalens accommodating lens implant and the Verisyse phakic lens implant.
Since 1993 Dr. Wellemeyer has been part of Grene Vision Group. This doctor-owned multi-specialty eye care group combines both ophthalmology and optometry to bring sophisticated technology and personal attention together to provide the best eye care possible.
Education and Professional Associations
- Undergraduate: Kansas Newman College – Wichita, Kan.
- Medical School: University of Kansas School of Medicine – Kansas City, Kan.
- Internship: University of Kansas School of Medicine – Wichita, Kan.
- Residency: Louisiana State University – Shreveport, La.
- Fellowship: Corneal Consultants of Indiana – Indianapolis, Ind.
- Certification: American Board of Ophthalmology
- Professional Associations: American Academy of Ophthalmology, American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons, Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society
- Cataract & Implant Surgery
- Laser Vision Correction
Additional Website: www.grenevisiongroup.com